The Latest News From the IAA
IAA Releases August 2020 Flight Statistics
10 Sep 2020
The Irish Aviation Authority has today published Irish and trans-Atlantic air traffic figures for the month of August 2020 and a comparison with the same period in 2019.
- A total of 39,691 flights handled in August 2020 v 113,606 movements in August 2019
- Commercial traffic at State airports was down by 65.1% in August 2020 compared to August 2019
- Trans-Atlantic traffic handled down 68.9% in August 2020 compared to same month in 2019
- En-Route traffic (flights which do not land in Ireland) down 66.6% v August 2019
State airport commercial traffic in August 2020:
- Dublin airport recorded 7,786 flights, a 65.2% decrease;
Cork airport traffic saw 732 movements, down 68%;
Shannon airport reported 725 flights, a 60.7% decrease in movements.