banner-desktop banner-mobile

To become an EU licenced pilot, a person must undergo a Flight Training course at a pilot training organisation that is approved or registered in the EU. These organisations are subject to European Regulations.

A Private Pilot Licence (PPL) (aeroplane or helicopter) may be granted to a person, after the successful completion of a course at an Approved Training Organisation (ATO).

A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) (aeroplane or helicopter), and associated ratings, may only be granted to a person, after the successful completion of a course at an ATO.  A list of ATOs in Ireland, is available here.

Students should check directly with the ATO for the specific courses offered by them.

Introduction of Declared Training Organisations (DTOs) delivering training for Non-Commercial Pilot Licences and associated Ratings and Certificates only