Pilots and Cabin Crew
- Examiner Refresher Course
- Flight Training
- Recognition of 3rd Country Licences
- Conversion of ICAO Annex I Compliant ATPL
- How to become a pilot
- Application Forms & Templates
- Pilot FAQs
- Key Contacts
- Student Pilot Licence (SPL)
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Flight Engineer Licence (FEL)
- Change of Competent Authority (Licence Transfer)
- English Language Proficiency
- Cabin Crew
- Report Forms
- Automatic Validation of Part-FCL Licences
- Flight Training Organisations
- Flight Examiner Notification of Test
- Maintenance Engineers
- Air Traffic Management
- Personnel Licensing Forms
- Alternative Means of Compliance (AltMoC)
2022 Examination Dates
PPL EXAM DATES - DUBLIN AND CORK
|MONTH||EXAM DATE||CLOSING DATE|
|JANUARY||24TH – 26TH JANUARY||3RD JANUARY|
|MARCH||7TH – 9TH MARCH||14TH FEBRUARY|
|APRIL||19TH – 21ST APRIL||29TH MARCH|
|MAY||23RD – 25TH MAY||3RD MAY|
|JULY||11TH – 13TH JULY||20TH JUNE|
|AUGUST||29TH – 31ST AUGUST||8TH AUGUST|
|OCTOBER||17TH – 19TH OCTOBER||26TH SEPTEMBER|
|NOVEMBER||28TH – 30TH NOVEMBER||7TH NOVEMBER|
PPL examinations are delivered using the Authority online examination system (LPLUS-PEXO).
Nine examinations are offered which are:
- P10 - Air Law
- P20 - Human Performance & Limitations
- P30 - Meteorology
- P40 - Communication
- P50 - Principles of Flight
- P60 - Operational Procedures
- P70 - Flight Performance & Planning
- P80 - Aircraft General Knowledge
- P90 - Navigation
A sample of the examination platform maybe accessed here (pop-up blockers will need to be disabled)
A cross reference to the old examination layout is available below and includes details of the number of questions in each exam and the duration of same.
Anyone that is transitioning from the old system to the new one, with outstanding papers to take shall, now take any examination(s) associated with the previous paper as outlined below:
PPL Examination Fees
Please note, PPL Examination fees for the time being, will be charged as a set based (or part thereof) system as follows:
|P20||Human Performance & Limitations||€40|
|P30||Meteorology||€40 for the set of 4, or part thereof|
|P70||Flight Performance & Planning|
|P50||Principles of Flight||€40 for the set of 3, or part thereof|
|P80||Aircraft General Knowledge|
The syllabus to be used for PPL examinations may be found in AMC1 FCL.210; FCL.215 to Part-FCL (Link to Regulation & AMC on EASA Website).
Notification for exams and results are now sent by email. Please ensure your email address is legible on your application and provide an address that you regularly access.
(Venue: IAA HQ, The Times Building, 11/12 D'Olier Street, Dublin 2) - Subject to Change
Note: PPL (Free Balloon), PPL (Weight-Shift Microlight and PPL (Gyroplanes) examinations will be held by arrangement with the representative associations.
A complete set of EASA PPL examinations carried out under the direct control of another EU Member State may be acceptable towards the issue of an EASA PPL licence subject to satisfactory verification.
Please note that it is not possible to get satisfactory verification from some states. Therefore, sitting of foreign exams is not recommended as their acceptance may not be possible.
Foreign theory exams may not be used to support an application for a national licence.
Fees for theoretical examinations may be found in schedule 23 of the IAA Fees Order which may be accessed here