- Aeronautical Information Management
- Aircraft Categories
- Aircraft Registration
- Airspace Infringements
- Application Forms
- Continuing Airworthiness
- Flight Planning
- Flight Training Organisations
- General Aviation Safety Council of Ireland (GASCI)
- General Aviation Maintenance Organisations
- Is Your Aircraft Operator Licensed?
- Key IAA Contacts
- Occurrence Reporting
- Part NCC
- Registration & Leasing
- Safety Data & Leaflets
A registered owner is that person / entity, as specified on the aircraft's Certificate of Registration. Article 7 of Irish Aviation Authority (Nationality and Registration of Aircraft) Order, 2015 refers.
An aircraft that is no longer owned by the registered entity as listed on the I.A.A. aircraft registration certificate shall not be operated until the Authority is notified of the change and a new certificate of registration issued.
Any legal entity [person - company - group / club or combination thereof] intending to take up the registered ownership of an aircraft on the Irish Register of Civil Aircraft are recommended to check the current registered ownership of the aircraft.
Where change(s) in the ownership of an aircraft are not notified to the Authority, the registration requirements cease to be fulfilled in respect of such an aircraft. Irish Aviation Authority (Nationality and Registration of Aircraft) Order, 2015 refers. Where the registration requirements cease to be fulfilled, all other certificates issued to the aircraft are void, including the Airworthiness Certificate. Applicants are also reminded that the aircraft insurance policy and any personal policy may also be void in such circumstances.
Any changes in the status of a company (address, directors etc) must be accompanied by a current CRO printout reflecting the changes or copies of relevant CRO forms requesting the changes.
Changes that require notification to the authority include, but are not limited to:
Where registered owner is an individual or a group of individuals:
1. Change of owner (current owner submits letter / proposed owner fills in Registration Application Form)
2. Change of address
3. Change of MTOW / MLW
4. Change of engine / propellors
Where registered owner is a company:
1. Change of Owner (current owner submits letter / proposed owner fills in Registration Application Form)
2. Change of registered company address (as per current CRO printout)
3. Change of registered company name (as per current CRO printout)
4. Change of registered company registration number (as per current CRO printout)
5. Change in Designation / Status of a company (as per current CRO printout)
6. Change in company director
7. Change in company secretary
8. Change of MTOW / MLW of aircraft
9. Change of engine / propellors