banner-desktop banner-mobile

If you wish to work as a Cabin Crew Member (CC) in commercial operations within a Member State of the European Community you must hold a valid Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA). This is a certificate of professional competency which permits you to discharge the duties of cabin crew on European Community registered aircraft. To be eligible to apply for a CCA - You must be at least 18 years of age - You must have successfully completed the required initial training course and the associated examination. When you have met the eligibility criteria you may apply for a CCA either:

  • from the competent authority of the Member State where you wish to exercise the privileges of the CCA or
  • from the competent authority of another Member State

Application for a CCA must be made in accordance with the procedures specified in the Member State where the application is made. Evidence of eligibility is required.

In order to exercise the privileges of the CCA in a Member State you must also comply with both the relevant operational requirements in accordance with the ‘Air Operations Regulation’ and with the medical fitness requirements of Part-MED in accordance with the ‘Aircrew Regulation’.

Who issues attestations?

The competent authority of the Member State is responsible for issuing CCAs. In Ireland the competent authority is the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA).  The law also permits the competent authority to approve organisations to provide the CC initial training course and examination and to issue the CCA.  Such organisations can be either airline operators or approved training organisations for cabin crew (CCTOs).

The following Airlines have been approved to provide the initial Cabin Crew training course in accordance with Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 as amended (Part-CC) and issue a Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA) on behalf of the IAA:

Aer Lingus

The CCA is issued to the individual holder and not to the operator who employs the services of the holder. 

Do not surrender your CCA to your employer upon cessation of your term of employment, even if the CCA was issued to you by the operator. You will need your CCA should you take up employment with another Member State operator. 

Cabin Crew Related Forms

Cabin Crew Related Documents

Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA) EASA Format