IAA Website - Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:41 PM

To become an EU licenced pilot, a person must undergo a Flight Training course at a pilot training organisation that is approved or registered in the EU. These organisations are subject to European Regulations.

A Private Pilot Licence (PPL) (aeroplane or helicopter) may be granted to a person, after the successful completion of a course at either an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) or a Registered Training Facility (RTF).

A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) (aeroplane or helicopter), and associated ratings, may only be granted to a person, after the successful completion of a course at an ATO.  A list of ATOs in Ireland, is available here.

Students should check directly with the ATO/RTF for the specific courses offered by them.

Important information regarding cookies and the IAA.ie

By using this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with the IAA Cookie Policy. For more information on cookies, see our cookie policy.