Pilots and Cabin Crew
- Flight Training
- Recognition of 3rd Country Licences
- How to become a pilot
- Application Forms & Templates
- Pilot FAQs
- Key Contacts
- Student Pilot Licence (SPL)
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Flight Engineer Licence (FEL)
- Licence Transfer
- English Language Proficiency
- Cabin Crew
- Report Forms
- Flight Examiner Notification of Test
- Maintenance Engineers
- Air Traffic Management
- Personnel Licensing Forms
- Public Consultation - Private Pilot Licence (PPL(A)) for Foot-Launched Powered Aircraft (FLPA)
The IAA has moved to an online examination system for Pilot Exams
For information on PPL examinations, please click here.
Private and Professional examinations are offered in English only.
Professional Pilot Examinations
All examinations may not be available at selected locations for a particular sitting.
You may access a demo of the exam system here (pop-up blockers will need to be disabled).
The closing dates below are the last date for acceptance based on space being available. Where a place is not available for a particular date you may be offered an alternative date available.
Notification for exams are now sent by email. Please ensure your email is legible on your application and provide an address that you regularly access.
Failure to do so may lead to you not receiving notifications.
2018 Examination Dates
ATPL/CPL/IR EXAM DATES – DUBLIN AND CORK
|MONTH||EXAM DATE||CLOSING DATE|
|FEBRUARY||26TH – 28TH FEBRUARY||5TH FEBRUARY|
|APRIL/MAY||30TH APRIL – 2ND MAY||9TH APRIL|
|JUNE||25TH – 27TH JUNE||5TH JUNE|
|AUGUST||27TH – 29TH AUGUST||7TH AUGUST|
|OCTOBER||22ND – 24TH OCTOBER||1ST OCTOBER|
|DECEMBER||17TH – 19TH DECEMBER||26TH NOVEMBER|