Pilots and Cabin Crew
- Flight Training
- Recognition of 3rd Country Licences
- Conversion of ICAO Annex I Compliant ATPL
- How to become a pilot
- Application Forms & Templates
- Pilot FAQs
- Key Contacts
- Student Pilot Licence (SPL)
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Flight Engineer Licence (FEL)
- Change of Competent Authority (Licence Transfer)
- English Language Proficiency
- Cabin Crew
- Report Forms
- Automatic Validation of Part-FCL Licences
- Flight Training Organisations
- Flight Examiner Notification of Test
- Maintenance Engineers
- Air Traffic Management
- Personnel Licensing Forms
Theoretical examinations have resumed in a controlled manner.
Please see the PPL Examinations page for the next sitting.
The schedule of ATPL exams for the remainder of 2020 is as follows:
|MONTH||EXAM DATE||CLOSING DATE|
|AUGUST||24TH – 26TH AUGUST||4TH AUGUST|
|OCTOBER||19TH – 21ST OCTOBER||28TH SEPTEMBER|
|DECEMBER||14TH – 16TH DECEMBER||23RD NOVEMBER|
The IAA has worked closely with the ATOs to provide schedules to assist with the return to normal timetables.
Please contact your ATO / DTO with any queries.
The IAA has moved to an online examination system for Pilot Exams
For information on PPL examinations, please click here.
Private and Professional examinations are offered in English only.
Professional Pilot Examinations
All examinations may not be available at selected locations for a particular sitting.
You may access a demo of the exam system here (pop-up blockers will need to be disabled).
The closing dates below are the last date for acceptance based on space being available. Where a place is not available for a particular date you may be offered an alternative date available.
Notification for exams are now sent by email. Please ensure your email is legible on your application and provide an address that you regularly access.
Failure to do so may lead to you not receiving notifications.
A new schedule will be published as soon as examinations can recommence
Applicants are reminded that while all exams must be passed by the 4th attempt over 6 sittings within a defined period, there is no obligation to attend a specific sitting.
2020 EXAMINATION DATES
ATPL/CPL/IR EXAM DATES – DUBLIN AND CORK
|MONTH||EXAMINATION DATE||CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS|