Pilots and Cabin Crew
- Examiner Refresher Course
- Flight Training
- Recognition of 3rd Country Licences
- How to become a pilot
- Application Forms & Templates
- Pilot FAQs
- Key Contacts
- Student Pilot Licence (SPL)
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Flight Engineer Licence (FEL)
- Change of Competent Authority (Licence Transfer)
- English Language Proficiency
- Cabin Crew
- Report Forms
- Automatic Validation of Part-FCL Licences
- Flight Training Organisations
- Flight Examiner Notification of Test
- Maintenance Engineers
- Air Traffic Management
- Personnel Licensing Forms
The IAA has moved to an online examination system for Pilot Exams
For information on PPL examinations, please click here.
Private and Professional examinations are offered in English only.
Professional Pilot Examinations
All examinations may not be available at selected locations for a particular sitting.
You may access a demo of the exam system here (pop-up blockers will need to be disabled).
The closing dates below are the last date for acceptance based on space being available. Where a place is not available for a particular date you may be offered an alternative date available.
Notification for exams are now sent by email. Please ensure your email is legible on your application and provide an address that you regularly access.
Failure to do so may lead to you not receiving notifications.
2020 EXAMINATION DATES
ATPL/CPL/IR EXAM DATES – DUBLIN AND CORK
|MONTH||EXAMINATION DATE||CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS|
|FEBRUARY||24TH - 26TH FEBRUARY||3RD FEBRUARY|
|APRIL||27TH – 29TH APRIL||6TH APRIL|
|JUNE/JULY||29TH JUNE – 1ST JULY||8TH JUNE|
|AUGUST||24TH – 26TH AUGUST||4TH AUGUST|
|OCTOBER||19TH – 21ST OCTOBER||28TH SEPTEMBER|
|DECEMBER||14TH – 16TH DECEMBER||23RD NOVEMBER|