Pilots and Cabin Crew
- Examiner Refresher Course
- Flight Training
- Recognition of 3rd Country Licences
- Conversion of ICAO Annex I Compliant ATPL
- How to become a pilot
- Application Forms & Templates
- Pilot FAQs
- Key Contacts
- Student Pilot Licence (SPL)
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Flight Engineer Licence (FEL)
- Change of Competent Authority (Licence Transfer)
- English Language Proficiency
- Cabin Crew
- Report Forms
- Automatic Validation of Part-FCL Licences
- Flight Training Organisations
- Flight Examiner Notification of Test
- Maintenance Engineers
- Air Traffic Management
- Personnel Licensing Forms
- Alternative Means of Compliance (AltMoC)
Powered Paraglider Aircraft (PPG)
Under the Irish Aviation Authority (Personnel Licensing) Order, a pilot of a PPG is required to hold a pilot Licence. The requirements for the attainment of such a licence can be found in Aeronautical Notice P35
Requirements for Training
A person wishing to obtain an PPG qualification must undergo a course of training at a Declared National PPG Training Organisation.
Persons who can give PPG Training
Training must be undertaken with a qualified PPG Flight Instructor (abbreviated "FI[PPG]"). Such an instructor will hold an PPG qualification which will be endorsed as a Flight Instructor Rating for the PPG classes in which they are qualified to instruct. In addition, the DTO (PPG) where instruction is being undertaken must be declared to the IAA for that purpose as a Declared National PPG Flight Training Organisation.
PPG Pilot Medical Requirements
Before going solo or being issued with an PPG Pilot Licence, a person must pass a medical examination for an EASA Light Aircraft Pilot License (LAPL) Medical Certificate or higher.
Refer to Aeronautical Notice P35 for full details.
Other Forms of Powered Paraglider
Other forms of Powered Paragliders not specified in Aeronautical Notice P35 also require a licence or exemption.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for detail