- IAA Overview
Our Role in Irish Aviation
- Air Traffic Management
- Air Navigation Services Regulation
- Safety Regulation
- Aviation Security Oversight
- Commercial Services
- Corporate Publications
- Customer Relations Management
- Non Aviation Activities Impacting Airspace
- Safety Assessment of Foreign Aircraft
- Single European Sky
- Brexit FAQs
- Flight Statistics
- Safety Performance
- Funding and Charges
- Stakeholder Consultation
- Efficiency Comparators
- Corporate Social Responsibilty
- Aviation Interests
- Aviation and the Environment
Regulation (EC) No. 2111/2005 came in to force in January 2006, establishing a Community list of air carriers subject to an operating ban within the Community. It also requires that passengers be informed of the identity of the air carrier operating their flight.
In March 2006 the Commission published an initial list of airlines considered to be unsafe and which are therefore not permitted to fly passengers or cargo in the EU or operate within European airspace. This list will be updated at least every 3 months.
The current list, and further related information, can be found on the European Commission website.