We accept applications on an on-going basis for the Student Controller Progamme. Based on the number of applications received the Authority will, on a periodic basis, invite those applicants who meet the minimum requirements to begin the selection process. Click here for more information and details on how to apply.
Human Factors Expert – Safety Management Unit
16 Feb 2018
Cliona Liggett - email@example.com
Technology & Training
Head of Safety Management
To provide Human Factors expert support to the ANSP
The Human Factors (HF) expert working in the SMU must be capable of integrating into a small team that provides a wide range of SMS expert advice and support in tandem with the necessary strategic SMS developments that are required to meet the stated objectives and changes to regulatory requirements. Th Human Factors Expert must be flexible, adaptable and capable of developing their own initiatives while contributing to the unit teamwork ethic. Dealing with various levels of management, this role requires the holder to be a competent and effective communicator. As the ANSP Human Factors expert you will be the key focal point for all ANSP Human Factors and Human performance development assessment activities.
- Ensure the implementation of the detailed Work Programme set by the Head of Safety Management (HoSM) to achieve the full implementation of the IAA ANSP HF Policy and strategy. Support, through the direct provision of HF expertise, to the Operational units in the application and development of HF assessment of change, education and training requirements, necessary to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Provide direct expertise to all ANSP operational and engineering projects to ensure optimum safety and efficiency in human performance including Human-centred design support for system development, and associated training design, development and evaluation.
- Safety Occurrence Investigations;
- Provide HF support to the Safety Investigations process by reviewing draft occurrence reports
- Develop and manage the casual factors analysis process
- Providing HF support to the Just Culture Review Process as necessary
- Coordinate the development of the ANSPs Fatigue Risk Management and Stress management procedures and protocols, providing continuous monitoring of the effectiveness of the procedures and in addition, create and deliver training and education in relation to these issues.
- Support the HF assessment of Safety Risk Assessment and endorsement activities for Functional System Safety Case Reports and production.
- Develop and co-ordinate all HF aspects of SMU delivered education and training programmes. In this regard will be required to deliver training, briefings and presentations as directed by HoSM.
- Team Resource Management (TRM): Provide direct support to TRM training development and delivery.
- Support SMU led Operational Safety Surveys and Safety Culture surveys.
- Provide reports quarterly as appropriate to tasks/responsibilities to HoSM for the Organisational ATM Safety Committee (OASC) meeting
- Provide the necessary amendments to the ANSP Safety Management Manual’s policy and procedures to reflect organisational and regulatory requirements.
- Attend international fora, work groups or safety tool user groups as directed by Head of Safety Management.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be assigned by Head SMU.
- A third level qualification at degree level in Human Factors, Occupational Psychology and Ergonomics or similar
- Practical experience of applying HF specific knowledge which has made a demonstrable impact
- An excellent knowledge of Human Factor techniques, data and tools and their application in one or more of the following specialist subject areas: HMI development; scientific methods and statistics; procedures analysis; safety analysis; training development and design; human performance measurement; workstation and operations room design.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Air Traffic Management (ATM) (preferable)
- Experience in general aviation or in a safety critical industry
All applications should be emailed to Cliona Liggett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- General Managers
- Unit Safety managers.
- Domain Managers
- Heads of Service
- Corporate Directorates
- Internal Auditor
- Other Service Providers