We accept applications on an on-going basis for the Student Controller Progamme. Based on the number of applications received the Authority will, on a periodic basis, invite those applicants who meet the minimum requirements to begin the selection process. Click here for more information and details on how to apply.
General Manager Technical Services
16 Feb 2018
Cliona Liggett at +353 1 603 1535
Director Commercial Technology and Training
Delivering safe, efficient and cost effective Technical Services at all IAA locations in accordance with Authority policies and customer requirements.
- Ensuring that Technical Services at all locations are conducted in accordance with the Authority’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that relevant national and international standards, recommended practices and procedures are applied in the delivery of Technical Services.
- Providing input to the development of strategic options to facilitate delivery of corporate goals and objectives.
- Co-ordinating activities with other IAA operational units as necessary.
- Managing cyber security for the ATM and ICT systems.
- Ensuring compliance with the Safety and Security Management System. Monitoring operational safety and security performance and taking corrective action as required.
- Ensuring that necessary equipment and infrastructure requirements are provided to meet operational requirements and safe, secure and cost effective service delivery.
- Ensuring the business units meet all cost, budgetary, financial and regulatory performance targets. Monitoring and controlling all operational / capital costs.
- Working closely with the COOPANS Systems Realisation Management (SRM) Chairman on COOPANS programme developments.
- Developing and providing the infrastructure for the efficient and effective life cycle management of the Authority’s operational equipment and information assets.
- Deploying resources efficiently, ensuring safety and security standards are met and exceeded within budgetary constraints, financial targets are met and air navigation services in Ireland are maintained.
- Ensuring the development of all ATM Systems technical training specifications, manuals and tools.
- Identifying staff training and development requirements and monitoring implementation of annual staff training plans.
- Ensuring that systems performance is appropriately monitored, that timely corrective or preventative action is taken as necessary and that technical equipment is maintained in accordance with appropriate standards, published schedules and operating procedures.
- Ensuring adequate research and analysis of international air navigation systems developments as a basis for informed decision making regarding operational system development and service delivery enhancements.
- Developing and obtaining approval annually for the personnel resources and budgets necessary for delivery of Technical Services and completion of the approved Technology Work Programme, in accordance with regulatory performance criteria (RP 2 and RP3 etc.)
- Managing a matrix technical environment fostering multi-disciplinary teams focused on a variety of ATM systems projects using open and distributed architectures to develop innovative communication (radio and data), navigation, surveillance, flight data processing, ATM (Air Traffic Management), mechanical, electrical, IT and other support systems to enable the provision of a safe, secure and cost effective ATM service.
- Providing input to corporate fora as required and ensuring that the Executive Group, Senior Management Group and the Operations Management Group are kept informed of relevant operational and project issues and developments.
- Providing advice and systems analysis and design support to the Director ATM Operations and Strategy to ensure that the IAA has and / or is planning for innovative systems capability
- Ensuring that personnel are efficiently managed and that waste is eliminated.
- Directing the implementation and management of effective systems disaster recovery plans.
- Participating as a member of the Operations Directorate management team in the development of the Directorate operational and business plans; analysing and evaluating results.
- Maintaining and improving effective working relationships with customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Representing the Authority at appropriate national and international fora.
- Developing safety and security policies and procedures.
- Providing input to the development of ICT related strategic options in consultation with other Directorates.
- Ensuring that ICT expertise is developed and available to the Authority.
- Establishing expected ICT levels of service with IAA departments, and then monitoring and reporting to the Senior Management Group in respect of such service levels.
- Evaluating and proposing appropriate methodologies for the selection of Technical and specialist ICT personnel.
- Completing an annual review of activities and performance and issuing a report which shall include a plan for implementing such changes as may be required to improve safety, efficiency and / or cost effectiveness.
- Oversee the implementation and adherence to HR policies and procedures.
- Managing health and safety issues in accordance with IAA Safety Statement.
In addition to the direct reporting relationship at 4 above, liaise with functional line management as follows:
- Operations Directorate Managers
- Other IAA Directorates
- Head Safety Management Unit
- ANS Regulator
- Company Secretary / Solicitor
- Internal Auditor
- Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, EUROCONTROL, ICAO, EU, other ATM Service providers, other civil aviation authorities, airport authorities, IAAC, suppliers and customers.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The General Manager is expected to operate within broad policy guidelines and to use initiative and judgement in relation to information that may come to his /her attention in the course of their work. Other items may be added from time to time at the discretion of the Director ATM Operations and Strategy.
How to Apply / Contact
Please e-mail your CV together with a cover letter to: email@example.com
For general queries please contact Cliona Liggett at +353 1 603 1535.