We accept applications on an on-going basis for the Student Controller Progamme. Based on the number of applications received the Authority will, on a periodic basis, invite those applicants who meet the minimum requirements to begin the selection process. Click here for more information and details on how to apply.
Communications Navigation & Surveillance (CNS) Inspector (Aeronautical Officer)
24 Nov 2017
email@example.com / +353 1 603 1535
Safety Regulation Division/Aeronautical/Services and Aviation Security Department
Manager Air Navigation Services (ANSD)
Specialist areas of Air Navigation Services (ANS) Management (ATM)
- Monitor the performance of engineering systems and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable standards and define, develop and enforce safety requirements as necessary.
- Investigate incidences of substandard performance and ensure adequate corrective action is implemented;
- Plan and conduct regulatory audits of ANSP operations, facilities and procedures;
- Monitor the effectiveness of inspection and maintenance procedures associated with ANSP facilities and services;
- Conduct regulatory oversight of ANSP projects and in service systems in accordance with National Supervisory Authority (NSA) requirements;
- Participate on national/international fora and provide regulatory advice on specialist issues and general ANS / ATM safety requirements;
- Maintain up-to-date information on relevant international standards and advise the Manager ANSD regarding amendments to Irish legislation as appropriate.
- Participate in the Authority’s Management System, including inter alia, Performance Management, Team Briefing, Health and Safety, Equality Policy.
- Monitor, maintain and develop ISO9001 quality standards
- A relevant 3rd level engineering qualification or equivalent experience, and at least 3 years’ experience working in an ANS / ATM environment.
- A thorough knowledge of ATM /ANS / CNS Systems and specific expertise in at least one of the communications, navigation and surveillance domains, including associated data processing systems.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of meteorological services for ANS / ATM desirable.
- Familiarity with the preparation of technical and operational systems specifications including the ability to evaluate a wide variety of factors which affect the performance of ANS / ATM equipment and systems.
- A thorough knowledge of ICAO, EU, EASA, Eurocontrol, the IAA and other relevant authorities’ safety and regulatory engineering standards and requirements.
- The ability to organise and implement controls to ensure that engineering systems, procedures, and safety management processes are operated in accordance with national and international requirements.
- Good management, project management, communication and inter-personal skills.
Internal : In addition to direct reporting relationships at 3 above liaise with departments within the Safety Regulatory Division, IAA Air Navigation Services Provider, Human Resources & Internal Audit.
External : State/non State airports, DTTAS, Dept. of Public Enterprise, Other Government Departments, ICAO, EASA, Eurocontrol, EU, other civil aviation authorities, suppliers and customers.