We accept applications on an on-going basis for the Student Controller Progamme. Based on the number of applications received the Authority will, on a periodic basis, invite those applicants who meet the minimum requirements to begin the selection process. Click here for more information and details on how to apply.
Assistant Director Flight Operations
12 Jul 2019
Please email CV/cover letter to Cliona Liggett, Human Resources Directorate (email@example.com). For enquiries call 01 6031535
Flight Operations, SRD, The Times Building, 11-12 D'olier Street, Dublin 2, D02 T449
Director of Safety Regulation Directorate
Manage and ensure safety oversight of all aircraft operating within Irish airspace as well as for those of Irish aircraft operating in international airspace
Manager Airline Standards, Manager General Aviation Standards
Manage the Flight Operations Department and ensure its effective and efficient operation.
For list of full duties and responsibilities please see Job Description Assistant Director Flight Operations Department 2019 (click on link)
- Minimum of 5 years as a civil aviation safety regulator (may be reduced at the Discretion of the Director following overall consideration of attributes and qualifications); and
- At least 15 years experience as a pilot including:
- significant experience as pilot-in-command of transport category aircraft;
- significant experience in international operations;
- significant experience as a check captain, flight instructor or flight examiner or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of aviation safety management systems.
- A thorough knowledge of Irish, EU and international safety regulatory laws and standards.
- Experience of managing technical personnel.
- An understanding of the framework of international organisations with which the Directorate works including, ICAO, EASA and EC.
- Regulatory Performance and Personnel Licensing Department
- Aeronautical Services Department
- Airworthiness Department
- Operations Directorate
- Technology and Training Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate
- Commercial and Strategy Directorate
- Finance Directorate
- Head of Corporate Affairs
- Company Secretary / Solicitor
- Internal Auditor
- Corporate Communications Manager
- individual airlines, etc
- aircraft manufacturers
- industry bodies
- Department of Transport and other State bodies, EC
- Other civil aviation authorities and appropriate international organisations (ICAO, EASA, etc).